Yoga, Cooking, and getting through Nursing School.

Hello my lovely people, I know - most - people would fly right over blogs and head straight to Instagram or Pinterest for their quick fix of outside world interaction. While those are wonderfully addicting and very creative there is something very surface level about it all. We never know if someone has edited the picture or timed it just right to where you never know if the true moment was captured. Well I have come to realize most blogs are real. They have a rawness, a je ne sais quoi to it. I have come to truly enjoy them! So, I want you all to know who I am. I completely love my husband (a whopping 4 months of being married), am in nursing school, have a passion for cooking, and I love yoga. I started yoga back about a year ago, which was in the summer of 2017. I have a back ground of weight lifting (for fun) and doing crossfit. You know, those solids bods that you see throwing the 100 lb rock over their shoulder? Yeah, thats what I wanted to be like prior to messing up my lower back doing a deadlift with improper form. Crossfit was out the window for me so I decided to try weight lifting. I really enjoyed throwing some weights around so I found a plan on Bodybuilding.com and got to it. That kind of got old after a while. It was fun and I enjoyed it but I feel that my body could do more. I wanted to be able to touch my toes and not feel like I was about to die. So I gave yoga a try and completely fell in love with it! Then I got engaged.... and BOOM! All of my free time left me. I needed to maintain a good GPA for my school and focus on wedding planning, so I decided to slack off on the yoga for a bit. Now that I am married and have settled into a routine I feel that I can give a good amount of attention to the well deserved yoga practice. I want this blog to be a journey of where I came from and where I want to go. I follow a few yogi’s in Insta who I would totally recommend following: #Letsstartyoga, #bohobeautifullife, and #yogoskenz. Lets start yoga has been my foundation for yoga from the start. I just bought the 2.0 version and I realized I still have a long way to go before I am anywhere near that 2.0… which is unfortunate. Oh well, gotta start somewhere I guess! Thank you for reading my first blog! I promise there will be more to come on all things nursing school, cooking, and yoga! XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts